In crossing borders lynne sharon schwartz has assembled sixteen stories and essays by prominent fiction writers and translators about the way in which translation operates in our lives. New york seven stories 2018 320 pages we have just said that we have our own words in english for the same things lydia davis intones within the carefully calibrated paragraphs of her story french lesson i le meurtre it is in fact just the opposite there is only one word for many things and usually even that word when . Veronica scott esposito interprets crossing borders stories and essays about translation edited by lynne sharon schwartz. In joyce carol oatess story the translation a traveler to an eastern european country falls in love with a woman he gets to know through an interpreter. Crossing borders stories and essays about translation edited by lynne sharon schwartz
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.