On one hand the shiksa wife on the other hand the jewish mother an ideal context for the jewish joke baum addresses the stereotype of the jewish mother devoting a chapter to both overbearing . Devorah baums book could unstick the slowest dinner party but it needs more insight. Delightfully entertaining and cheerfully insightful kirkus reviews baum effectively considers the roles jewish humor has played as a response to oppression and as a way to mock hypocrisy about religious observance. Witty and wise and rather wonderful the jewish joke an essay with examples less essay more examples by devorah baum was recommended to me by a reviewer i admire and trust sid nuncious and the dapper little english gent was bang on the money. This book is funny clever and at times heartbreaking in other words jewish david baddiel a jew and a non jew read devorah baums the jewish joke
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.